Halloween is such a fun holiday. Not only is it the beginning of the holiday season but the colors, the costumes, and the decorations and so much fun. The treats are also another fun part of Halloween. As a mom, the main drawback is the sugar rush followed by the inevitable crash. Believe it or not it is possible to create fun Halloween snacks that are low sugar and actually healthy. Some of them are so easy and frugal plus they make a great part of breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Check out these ideas:
1. Jack-O-Lantern Mandarin Orange Cups: So easy! Orange cups, markers, and stencils!
2. Go Go Squeeze Mummy Pouches: My daughter is so excited about these! Applesauce pouches, paper, markers, and googly eyes are all it takes.
3. String Cheese Ghosts: String cheese and raisins for eyes.
4. Witch’s Hand: Plastic gloves (not latex), popcorn, and candy corn. The spider ring adds more fun!
5. Spider Sandwiches: PB&J, and more. The possibilities are endless!
6. Clementine Pumpkins: Clementines and celery sticks
7. Witch’s Broomsticks: String cheese, pretzels, and licorice strings
8. Pumpkin Snack Plate: Goldfish crackers, celery, raisins, and bananas
9. Bloody Bandaids: Graham crackers, cream cheese, and strawberry jam
10. Frozen Banana Boo Pops: Bananas, yogurt, and mini-chocolate chips
What some more fun Halloween ideas? Check out these muffin tin meals: