Who knew your kids would grow up so fast! Can you believe they are starting school already? Here are 10 books for parenting school-age children that were highly rated by Amazon customers.
Note: Books are available in different formats. Amazon prices can and will change at any time.
1. Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne M.ED. and Lisa M. Ross (available formats: Kindle, Hardcover, Paperback, Audible, MP3 CD)
2. Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason by Alfie Kohn (available formats: Kindle, Hardcover, Paperback)
3. The Organized Student: Teaching Children the Skills for Success in School and Beyond by Donna Goldberg, and Jennifer Zwiebel (available formats: Kindle, Paperback)
4. Ending the Homework Hassle by John Rosemond (available formats: Kindle, Paperback)
5. Parenting Without Power Struggles: Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids While Staying Cool, Calm, and Connected by Susan Stiffelman (available formats: Kindle, Paperback, Audible)
6. The Straight Talk on Parenting: A No-Nonsense Approach on How to Grow a Grown-Up by Vicki Hoefle (available formats: Kindle, Paperback)
7. The Entitlement Trap: How to Rescue Your Child with a New Family System of Choosing, Earning, and Ownership by Richard Eyre and Linda Eyre (available formats: Kindle, Paperback, Audible, MP3 CD, Multi-Media CD)
8. 30 Days of Sex Talks for Ages 8-11: Empowering Your Child with Knowledge of Sexual Intimacy (available formats: Kindle, Paperback)
9. Preparing for Adolescence: How to Survive the Coming Years of Change by Dr. James Dobson (available formats: Kindle, Paperback, Audio CD)
10. Middle School Makeover: Improving the Way You and Your Child Experience the Middle School Years by Michelle Icard (available formats: Kindle, Paperback, Audible)
Here are some parenting advice and tips from our discussion board members that may be helpful:
- Advice for Kids Starting Kindergarten
- Simple Crafts for Kids
- Frugal Family Fun Ideas
- Best Family Night Games
- Parents share their family’s favorites for Family Movie Night
- Travel Tips for Parents including packing, entertaining, and saving money on food
- Frugal Meals for Kids (Lunches and Snacks)
- Lots of Frugal Meal Ideas for Large Families
- Advice for Parents with Kids with Autism/Asperger’s
Join our Mommysavers Deals page on Facebook for the latest updates daily.