Craft stores are such fun places. You can find pretty much everything to make any kind of craft or project. Homemade gifts and home decor are sometimes the most frugal way to go. Here are some tips for saving money at my favorite craft store, Michael’s.
- Sign up for Michael’s website to get coupons sent to your inbox.
- Get text alerts by texting JOIN2 to 273-283.
- Download the Michael’s App on your smartphone to get access to online coupons all the time.
- You can also find coupon in the Sunday newspaper.
- Use select competitor’s coupons up to 50% off one regular priced item. The stores include: JoAnn’s, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, and Ben Franklin. *coupons for a percentage off the entire purchase are not accepted.
- Don’t miss the one or two-day sales. Those are some of the best deals you will find and you get information on those through the email.
- Find the “Dollar Bins.” They are great small gifts and stocking stuffers. They also go on clearance seasonally and the selection is still pretty good.
- Find the clearance aisles and end caps. The clearance aisle has an entire variety of cool items. Check there before you search anything else. Beads and stickers on clearance can sometimes be found hanging at the end of an aisle.
- Seasonal clearance deals get marked down pretty quickly. Find decor, craft supplies, gifts, wrap, etc to save for the next time the holiday comes around. You can also find holiday neutral items. Last Christmas I found porcelain pet dishes that were red, but didn’t have anything “Christmas” on them.
- Save 15% on with a military ID
- If you are 55 or older, you can save 10%.
- Teachers can save 15% on items for their classroom.
- Check out their classes. Sometimes they are free or very inexpensive.
Need to be inspired? Here are some easy and frugal project ideas:
- 25 Frugal Holiday Gift Ideas and Easy Homemade Gifts
- 10 Easy Homemade Gift Ideas for Grandparents
- DIY Gifts for Fathers
- DIY Gifts for Mothers
- Last Minute DIY Gift Ideas
- 10 Creative No-Sew Home Decor Ideas
- 10 Frugal Fall Home Decor Ideas Under $10
Never miss a deal, tip, of recipe when you subscribe to our newsletter at the right of the screen —->