Who doesn’t love to visit the beach in the summer? For many families who live in or near coastal states, it’s an annual tradition. For others, man-made beaches at lakes are just as good! Here are some amazing tried and true beach tips and tricks:
1. Have a toddler? Grab a mini plastic baby pool to allow babies and toddlers to stay safe during water play. The mini hard plastic pools can also be used to carry beach items. Of you can find an inflatable pool for under $10 that can easy slide into your beach bag.
2. Dig a large hole in the sand and cover it with soft towels and blankets. This makes a nice little napping spot for babies! *Idea from Kelly’s Korner.
4. Don’t you hate it when sand covers EVERYTHING at the beach! Make sure you have a container of baby powder or cornstarch on hand. Before everyone gets into the car, sprinkle either product on sand covered arms and legs. Baby powder and corn starch absorb the moisture in the sand making it easier to brush off!
5. Instead of buying beach toys, create your own Sandcastle Kit using household and kitchen gadgets. Check out the details HERE.
6. This DIY Outdoor Drink Holder is a genius idea for keeping sand off water bottles and even baby bottles! Find the tutorial HERE.
8. Easily carry and waterproof your beach cash with this DIY Medicine Bottle Money Holder. Find the tutorial HERE.
9. Use an old tube on chapstick or a marker to hide your dollar bills. You can also clean out an old bottle of sunscreen and use that to hide your cash and your keys. *photo credit: instructables.com.
12. Make your own beach tent with this DIY Tutorial HERE.
13. Easily make your own pocket beach towel with this tutorial HERE.
14. Turn a scarf into a beach cover-up! Find out how HERE.
15. Take a break from swimming and enjoy there fun Water Balloon Games HERE.