You know I love the Wilton Candy Eyeballs, right? I had to make an Easter-inspired dessert with them, so I came up with these Easter Chicks. They would be an adorable, fun addition to your collection of Easter recipes.
Easter Chicks Cupcakes
- Bake cupcakes according to package directions and allow to cool completely.
- First, I frosted the cupcakes with vanilla frosting that I had colored with a little bit of yellow food coloring.
- Next, I “dipped” the cupcakes in coconut dyed with the yellow food coloring. If your kids don’t eat coconut, you could use yellow jimmies/sprinkles to create the feathers of the chicks.
- With a little dab of frosting, I added the Wilton Candy Eyeballs.
- The beak is a jelly bean cut into a triangle (you could also use a gumdrop). I also made sure these were secured with some more frosting.
I think they’re cute! I think they look even cuter in a bowl you can make look like a little nest. I just added a little Easter grass.
These were originally posted on my recipe blog Frugalbites.com.