If you follow my blog, you may know that I love the Wilton Candy Eyeballs. I have so much fun creating silly-faced desserts with them. Halloween is no exception. Last year, I used them to make these Halloween Spider Cupcakes. This year, I’ve used them to make these Frankenstein Rice Krispy Treats. They’re easy to make, and your kids will love them!
See more of my Wilton Candy Eyeball Creations
Frankenstein Rice Krispy Treats for Halloween
- Make Rice Krispy treats according to package instructions. When marshmallows are melted and before adding rice Krispies, add several drops of green food coloring.
- Press Rice Krispy treats into a greased rectangular pan.
- Cool, then cut the Rice Krispy Treats into rectangles.
- Melt 1/2 bag chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between to melt them completely.
- With a knife, spread chocolate over the top part of the rectangle to resemble Frankenstein’s hair (I’ve found that dipping doesn’t work).
- Press the Wilton Candy Eyes into the Rice Krispy Treats gently. Make sure your fingers are clean, otherwise you may get chocolate on the whites of the eyes.
- Use Wilton Black Icing to create Frankenstein’s mouth.