These Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps are super-easy to make and so yummy that your family will request to have them as a weekly meal! They are also healthy, colorful and filling.
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. ground turkey, lean
- 1 cup salsa (try to use a clean-eating variety if possible or just make your own)
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 bunch of Romaine lettuce
- Optional for toppings: shredded cheese, low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt, diced tomatoes or onions or sliced black olives
Step 1: Use a medium-large size frying pan on medium heat, crumble and brown the ground turkey until it’s no longer pink. Drain any grease if needed. *Note: While browning the ground turkey, you may season it with a little bit of salt and black pepper.
Step 2: Add the salsa, can of green chiles and taco seasoning, stir well together and let simmer a few minutes. *You don’t need to add water along with the taco seasoning.
Step 3: Now, add the can of drained corn and the can of drained and rinsed black beans to the ground turkey mixture. Mix well and let simmer a few minutes to heat the corn and beans.
Step 5: Scoop some of the meat mixture into the Romaine lettuce leaves and add any extra toppings. Fold up like a taco or burrito. The lettuce leaf will sorta mimic a boat.
*Note: You can also use Iceberg, Bibb or Butterhead lettuce as a wrap.
More Ground Turkey and Healthy Eating Recipes.
Be sure to follow our Healthy Eating board on Pinterest.