This recipe is so simple yet so healthy and kind of cozy. I originally tried to figure out how to make this because we went out for habachi and my 5 year old LOVED the soup. Go figure! It wasn't hard to figure out, it's basically an onion based stock. You can easily add vegetables, chicken, and rice noodles to make a delicious meal. You can also serve it as-is as a compliment.
Benihana's Copycat Onion Soup Recipe
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 stalk of celery, cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon seat salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Chicken Better than Boullion (paste found in a jar)
- 8 cups of water
- 3-4 mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- green onions, sliced
- First make your stock by adding the onions, celery, carrot, salt, garlic, Better than Bouillon and water into a pot.
- Bring the water to a boil, then simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove all vegetable chunks or run the broth through a strainer. *Tip: Cut of the vegetables, serve with baked chicken and potatoes as a side dish.
- Bring the broth back up to a boil and add the scallions and mushrooms. Cook for another 5-10 minutes and serve.
Never miss a deal, tip, or recipe when you subscribe to our newsletter to the right of your screen —>