This crock pot recipe for italian beef roast is one that I am definitely making again! The meat cooks up to be super-tender and the vegetable have a great flavor thanks to the Italian tomatoes. My whole family loved it so much that left-overs consisted of a half-dollar sized piece of meat and a few small scoops of veggies.
Crock Pot Italian Beef Roast
- 2-3 lb. chuck roast (I used a 1.5-2 lb. thick-cut sliced Top Sirloin Steak because the roasts were too expensive)
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 medium-sized carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped, 2 cups (I used 1/2 of a medium onion)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of Italian diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste with basil, garlic and oregano
- Salt and Pepper to season the steak or roast
- Butter – A couple of pats for searing the meat
Step 1: Peel and wash the carrots and then chop them into chunks. Next, wash the celery stalks and cut them into 1-inch chunks. Peel the onion and chop it up.
Step 2: Put the carrots and celery into the bottom of the crock pot. Add the onion on top.
Step 3: Add the whole can of Italian diced tomatoes and the can of tomato paste on top of the vegetables. Stir all together to coat the vegetables.
Step 4: Rub the steak or roast with salt and pepper. Melt the pats of butter in a skillet and sear all sides of the steak or roast. Let the meat start to brown just enough to seal in the juices.
Step 5: When the steak or roast is all browned, remove it from the skillet and place it on top of the vegetable/tomato mixture in the crock pot. Cover.
Step 6: Cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 6-7 hours until the meat is tender. (I cooked mine on high 6-7 hours)
*Note: I served this along with some boiled red potatoes.
Thanks to Aliadam, one of our Mommysavers members for sharing this recipe in our Crock Pot forum!
More Crock Pot Meals.
View more recipes in our Frugal Moms Crock Pot Forum and Follow our Crock Pot Cooking Board on Pinterest!
Leave a Reply