This crock pot recipe for Italian Beef Roast is one that I am definitely making again! The meat cooks up to be super-tender and the vegetable have a great flavor thanks to the Italian tomatoes. My whole family loved it so much that left-overs consisted of a half-dollar sized piece of meat and a few small scoops of veggies.
Crock Pot Italian Beef Roast
- 2-3 lb. chuck roast (I used a 1.5-2 lb. thick-cut sliced Top Sirloin Steak because the roasts were too expensive)
- 4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 medium-sized carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped, 2 cups (I used 1/2 of a medium onion)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of Italian diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- 1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste with basil, garlic and oregano
- Salt and Pepper to season the steak or roast
- Butter – A couple of pats for searing the meat
Step 2: Put the carrots and celery into the bottom of the crock pot. Add the onion on top.
Step 3: Add the whole can of Italian diced tomatoes and the can of tomato paste on top of the vegetables. Stir all together to coat the vegetables.
Step 6: Cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 6-7 hours until the meat is tender. (I cooked mine on high 6-7 hours)