How cute is this cheese ball snowman? My 4 year old daughter really enjoyed making this easy holiday appetizer recipe with me. She's been begging to make a christmas tree next. This is one of those recipes that is much easier than it looks!
Basic cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 packages softened cream cheese
- 4 cups grated cheese (such as Cheddar)
- 1/2 t. dry mustard
- sliced green onion
- chopped walnuts
- chopped pecans
- sesame seeds
- diced olives
- diced sun-dried tomatoes
- diced red pepper
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Mix the cream cheese and grated cheese together well.
- Add any combination of mix-ins you like. This time I divided my cheese ball before doing the add-ins and used dry mustard in half of the cheese ball and green onion in the other half.
- Form into two balls for the snowman.
- If you are making this ahead of time storing this in the refrigerator or freezer, stop here and wrap well.
- Beat cream cheese with a little bit of milk to make a frosting. Cover the snowman entirely.
- Serve with crackers or fresh veggies
The idea for this snowman cheese ball came from Betty Crocker (as seen on Pinterest) but I used my own recipe.
[…] Snowman Cheese Ball Here’s another fun and easy recipe to make with the kiddos. This snowman cheese ball is composed mainly of cream cheese and soft, grated cheese (such as Cheddar). The decorations are up to you! […]