Here’s an easy-sew homemade gift idea for just about anyone! A homemade bedside organizer makes a good gift for siblings, grandparents, friends, kids, or anyone who likes to read. This frugal homemade gift uses just 1/2 yard of fabric and a few inches of rubber drawer liner. You don’t need a lot of sewing know-how. This project is just a few straight lines and can be made in 10 minutes.
Supplies for Homemade Bedside Organizer:
- 1/2 yard of fabric (this makes a bedside organizer that is just under 1/2 yard wide. If you want a smaller one, just use less fabric)
- 6 inches of rubber drawer liner, cut as wide as your fabric (available at the dollar store)
- sewing machine
- iron/ironing board
Instructions for Homemade Bedside Organizer:
1. Fold the fabric in half right-sides together with the selvedge edges together at the top. Sew along each side (the cut edges).
2. Turn the fabric right sides out and iron.
3. Fold the bottom fold up again, as deep as you’d like your pockets to be. Sew the sides together, and sew an extra line to create two pockets.
5. Pin, then sew, the drawer liner into place.
6. Insert the rubber liner in between the mattress and boxspring. Fill the pockets with your bedside necessities! Mine has my cell phone charger, reading glasses, lotion, and some books.