summer entertainment and free prizes! Sign your kids up for summer reading programs at Barnes & Noble, Borders, Waldenbooks, H.E.B., Chuck-E-cheese, HalfPrice books, or TD Bank and they can earn free books and other prizes. Details and links to several 2011 summer reading rewards programs are below.
- 2011 Borders and Waldenbooks Double Dog Dare Challenge: Read 10 Books, Get 1 Free! Kids under 12 are eligible. Ends 9/5/2011. Here is the list of free books your children can choose from.
- 2011 Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program: Read 8 Books, Get 1 Free! Grades 1-6. Ends 9/6/2011.
- 2011 TD Bank Summer Reading Program: Read 10 books and receive $10 deposited into your account. Ends 9/30/2011.
- 2011 Half-Price Books Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program: Read 600 minutes and receive $5 Back-to-school Bucks summer reading reward. Ends 8/7/2011.
- 2011 Chuck-E-Cheese Rewards Promotion: This program is not just for reading. Bring in a 2 weeks completed rewards calendar and your child will receive 10 free tokens. Food purchase is required. Ends 12/31/2011.
- H.E.B. HEBuddy Program: The Summer Reading Program sign-up sheet says 2010 in the fine print, but appears to still be valid. Read 10 books and mail in your form. You'll receive a free t-shirt in the mail. Postmark by 10/1/2011.
- Don't forget your local library! Nearly every library offers incentives for summer reading and fun activities to occupy your kids during the summer.
For more frugal summer fun, check out summer movies for $1 and free summer bowling for kids.
Amanda Newcomb says
A couple of questions on the summer reading program. I would be going to B&N. Do I need to prove age or grade and how? How do I prove how many books she’s read?
Kimberly Danger says
Amanda – Follow the B&N link above to download the reading journal. Just fill that out and bring it to a B&N store when it’s completed.
Florence Freedom has one also 😉