Chalkboard Paint Wine Glasses diy
This frugal craft project is an adorable way to dress up those “blah” wine glasses you find at a thrift shops or dollar stores for your new years' Eve party! I found some amazing wine glasses at a local thrift shop earlier today, but they were a little plain. We entertain a lot and use wine glasses as drinking glasses, so this was a stroke of genius!
- Wax paper
- Paint brush
- Chalkboard paint (can be found at Wal-Mart for under $5)
- Wine glass (check your local goodwill or thrift store!)
- Lay out wax paper. Pour a nickel size amount of paint in a corner.
- Paint a light coat on the lower stem and top of the bottom of the glass. Let dry for roughly 30 minutes (keep on the wax paper! It won't stick if you paint over the edge).
- Paint at least one more thick coat of chalkboard paint. My glob of paint did not dry out between coats. I did two coats.
- Let dry for at least 24 hours. Cure by rubbing a piece of chalk lightly over the painted part.
That's all there is to it! Now you've got adorable wine glasses and everyone will know which glass belongs to whom.
P.S. Pink Moscato is delicious!