Peppermint Bark is one of our favorite Christmas treats to make for neighbors, co-workers or friends. This Christmas, I stepped it up a notch by adding a layer of dark chocolate to the original Peppermint Bark. With only three ingredients, it’s still very easy as far as Christmas treats and homemade candy go, but the dark chocolate really makes this treat fabulous!
Christmas Treat Recipe: Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 12 ounces (2 cups) dark chocolate chips or pieces
- 12 ounces (2 cups) white chocolate chips or pieces
- 3 ounces crushed peppermint candies (about 6 candy canes)
The first step is to crush the peppermint into small pieces. This is best done by a helper.
- Line a pan with wax paper, or a silicone mat.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, or in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Spread the dark chocolate on the prepared pan. Put the pan in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden again.
- Once the dark chocolate is hardened, melt the white chocolate, either in the double boiler, or in the microwave as before.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Spread the white chocolate quickly over the dark chocolate in the pan.
- TIP: Work in sections to avoid melting the dark chocolate underneath before you’ve finished spreading the white chocolate in that area. If the dark chocolate melts, the colors will swirl more and the layered effect won’t be as pretty.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the white chocolate and press them into the melted chocolate.
- Return the pan to the refrigerator until the candy is hardened. Then, break the candy into pieces and package as desired.
See more ideas for Christmas Treats!