It seems like all clean eating chicken salad recipes require apples, raisins, and nuts. Yes those are good. However I wanted something that tastes like my traditional chicken salad (or as close as possible) without all of the mayo. After looking at about a dozen difference recipes for inspiration, I came up with a variation of my personal favorite that tastes pretty dang good!
Clean Eating Chicken Salad (No Fruit Involved)
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of clean eating ranch dressing (OPI by Litehouse)
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cp of grated carrots
- 1 TBSP of dried celery flakes (or 2 TBSP of finely chopped celery)
- 1 tsp of brown mustard
- sea salt to taste
- Simply combine the yogurt, dressing, onion, carrots, celery, and mustard into a bowl.
- Stir the ingredients really well. Taste it to see if you need to add salt or not. (That may depend whether or not you used salt when cooking the chicken.)
- Combine your mixture with the chicken
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve on whole wheat bread with sliced avocado.
- Serve with healthy grilled corn. Recipe HERE.
Don't want to miss a recipe or deal? Subscribe to our newsletter to the right —->
I don’t see an amount for chicken?
What are the 21 day fix containers for the chicken salad recipe?
Sheridon Storm says
How much chicken do you use?
Chicken is not listed as an ingredient!
Just curious, how much chicken is suggested with this mixture?
How much chicken did you use with this recipe? I want to be sure I get the right consistency! 🙂
heather crumlich says
do you shred or cube the chicken? how much chicken do you use? how many servings for this reciepe?
How many servings did this make? Also which containers would you say it is?
Do you have the container recommendations? Like 1 red, 1 green, etc? I just don’t know how the dressings work in something like this.
I would like to know the same thing as Jena. How much chicken was used with this recipe? 1 Pound?