It seems like all clean eating chicken salad recipes require apples, raisins, and nuts. Yes those are good. However I wanted something that tastes like my traditional chicken salad (or as close as possible) without all of the mayo. After looking at about a dozen difference recipes for inspiration, I came up with a variation of my personal favorite that tastes pretty dang good!
Clean Eating Chicken Salad (No fruit Involved)
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of clean eating ranch dressing (OPI by Litehouse)
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cp of grated carrots
- 1 TBSP of dried celery flakes (or 2 TBSP of finely chopped celery)
- 1 tsp of brown mustard
- sea salt to taste
- Simply combine the yogurt, dressing, onion, carrots, celery, and mustard into a bowl.
- Stir the ingredients really well. Taste it to see if you need to add salt or not. (That may depend whether or not you used salt when cooking the chicken.)
- Combine your mixture with the chicken
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Don't want to miss a recipe or deal? Subscribe to our newsletter to the right —->