While I had a hard time remembering anywhere else, apparently I'm good at remembering basic recipes I find on pinterest. Here is my clean eating version of a recipe I found somewhere:
Clean Eating Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb total, thin cutlets work best)
- 4 thin slices of your favorite cheese (I used Sargento Colby Jack Thin Sliced)
- 1 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red pepper, cut into 4 flat pieces
- seasoned salt
- 4 toothpicks
- If they aren't already flat cutlets, use a meat mallet to flatten the chicken breasts.
- Arrange a folded slice of cheese, 2-3 mushroom slices, and piece of pepper on a half of the chicken breast.
- Fold the other half of the chicken over to make a sandwich and hold in place with a toothpick.
- Repeat this process 4 more times.
- Sprinkle your favorite seasoned salt, or the 21 day fix recipe (see below)
- Place stuffed chicken into a plan greased with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
I find the trick is to find the thin sliced cheese. The deli at your local grocery store can also slice cheese thin for you. That way you get that yummy taste, but half the fat and calories.
*Tip: Make a large batch to keep on hand whenever you need it.
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
*21 Day Fix Containers per serving (approx): 1/2 green, 1 red, 1/2 blue, a teaspoon (olive oil)
Serving Suggestion: Serve with brown rice and a green salad. OR you can try one of these recipes:
- Pasta with Asparagus, Tomatoes, and Feta
- Valerie's Quinoa Salad
- Kale and Chickpea Salad
- Lemon Kale Salad
- Roasted Brocolli