Crock Pot Pizza Casserole is love affair food for fans of pasta and pizza! It’s very easy to make, doesn’t require a lot of time to cook and you can vary the ingredients to what your family likes to eat.
Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- 1 (16 oz.) box of Rotini Pasta
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey (You can use ground beef, chicken or Italian sausage)
- 1 (24 oz) jar of Pasta Sauce, any variety (I used Tomato, Onion and Garlic flavored one)
- 1 small onion, chopped (I used 1/2 of a med. sized onion)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni)
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1 cup water
Step 1: Spray your crock pot with cooking spray.
Step 2: Chop up 1 small onion and 1 green pepper. Then, mince 1 clove of garlic.
Step 3: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground turkey with the chopped onion, green pepper and minced garlic (use the whole amounts). Also, add your 1 cup of sliced pepperoni. Cook until the ground turkey is no longer pink. If there is any excess grease, drain it.
*Note: Be sure to adjust the cook time to the crock pot that you are using as not every crock pot cooks the same way. I used a 7-quart for this recipe.
*Additional Notes: The next time I make this (remember I used a 7-quart crock pot. I am sure that if I used a smaller size I probably wouldn’t have to make adjustments) I am going to use a 36 oz. jar of pasta sauce (for more moisture, I thought it was a little dry, but I like my pasta and pizza to be saucy). I am also going to add an extra 1/2 cup of water. Another thing I might try is getting a chunk of pepperoni and cut that up. Oh, almost forgot, I will use 2 cups of shredded cheese just because everything is better with more cheese! Overall, my family did really like it.
More Crock Pot Pizza Casserole Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
- Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- Crock Pot Pizza with Magic Crust
- Other Crock Pot Meals