I have never been more “poor” in my adult life than when I was in college. First of all, it’s not cheap to begin with. Then the cost of living vs. the time you have to make money and earn enough to live on. Well forget about that! It turns out that many businesses will give you discounts and freebies just for showing your student ID!
- Banana Republic: 15% off
- J Crew: 15% off
- The Limited: 10% off
- Steve Madden: 10% off
- Jo Ann Fabrics: 10% off
- Pier One: 15% off
- Goodwill: 10% off
- Arby’s: 10% off
- Burger King: 10% off
- McDonald’s: 10% off
- Subway: 10% off
- Waffle House: 10% off
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 10% off
- Chipotle: FREE drink with meal purchase
- Qdoba: Free drink with meal purchase
- Papa Johns: may offer discounts
- Dairy Queen: may offer discounts
- Dunkin Donuts: may offer discounts
- Amazon Student: Get 6 FREE Months of Amazon Prime and other exclusive deals.
- College Budget: Groupon type of a site for students
- Sam’s Club: Discounted Membership and a FREE $15 gift card
- Fed Ex: Special Student Discounts
- New York Times: Save 50% on a digital subscription
- Wall Street Journal: Save 75% on a subscription
- Amtrak: Sign up for the Student Advantage Card and save 15% on all fares
- Student Universe: Discount travel site for students
- AMC Theaters: Discount tickets offered on Thursdays
- Regal Theaters: Discounts vary by location
- Microsoft and Apple also offer student discounts
- 24 Hour Fitness: Ask about special student pricing
*Some of these are not confirmed or may only be valid at certain locations. Call your local establishment before you go.
Also, ask around local places like: restaurants, shops, gyms, spas, and more. You might be surprised of the discounts you can get by simply asking.