What a fun era to dress up from! Think Valley Girl, Top Gun, Ghost Busters, Flash Dance, leg warmers, mullet wigs and heavy metal rockers. To make this frugal be sure to check out thrift stores.
Jack & Coke
#Filter // #NoFilter
This is hilarious!! Just dressed alike – flannel shirts, wigs, etc. (source unknown)
Caveman and Cavewoman Couple
This is super simple to make and all you need is two supply items: fabric and thread. These costumes can be really frugal if you have left over fabric lying around.
My Name is Earl Couple
Dress-up as your favorite television show couple – here we have Earl and Joy from My Name is Earl
80s Workout Duo
Richard Simmons and Jane Fonda via austincommakatie on Instagram
Fred and Wilma Flintstone Couple
The Princess Bride Couple
Transform yourself into your favorite movie couple. Shown above is MelodyRose (Mommysavers forum member) and her husband dressed up as Princess Buttercup and Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride.
More DIY Couples Halloween Costumes (Ideas):
- Peach & Quiet Couple – One person can dress up as a hippie and the other person can dress up as a mime.
- Mouse & Cheese Couple – Take a square of yellow/orange costume felt, cut a hole for your head, and a triangular piece that you tie on your head like a bandana. The other person can wear black with ears and draw on a little mouse nose. Thanks, swishina!
- Big Bang Theory Couple – Dress as Sheldon and Amy. For the guy wear some tan trousers, brown shoes, science type t-shirt with a long sleeve shirt under it. For the girl wear loafer type shoes that tie, skirt with colored stockings, a couple of shirts layered with a sweater, crossover body purse and glasses.
- Duck Dynasty Couple – Dress as Phil and Miss Kay or any of the other couples. The guy can wear camo clothing with a beard and if you are going as Miss Kay get a short-haired black wig and wear an apron with clothing underneath.
- Firefighter & Dalmatian Couple – These costumes are pretty simple to do especially the dalmatian all you need to do is wear white coloring and tape or hot glue black dots all over. Make some black ears to wear on your head that you attach to a headband.