My friend Sarah just made the coolest blanket for her son. This DIY No-Sew Fleece Racetrack Blanket not only keeps you warm, it doubles as a speedway for your Matchbox and Hotwheels cars! What little guy wouldn't love this? Sarah found her Race Track Fleece at Joann Fabrics. It's currently available online HERE.
1. Select two coordinating fleece 60″ fabrics and have them cut 2 1/2 yards long for a large blanket.
2. At home, lay out your fabric pieces and smooth out and wrinkles in the fabric
3. Cut the selvedge edges off, trimming so that both pieces of fleece are exactly the same size
4. Starting in the corner, cut a 5″ wedge out of your fleece. The longer and thinner the fringe is, the easier it is to tie. If you have young kids helping out, you may want to do a 6′ fringe
5. Cut 5″ fringe spaced 3/4 inches apart
6. Tie off the fringe like you would tie off a balloon