Here are some great First Day of School Photo Ideas to help you capture that special day whether it be Preschool or Senior Year. These ideas are creative, easy to do and ones that you will want to do year after year.
This is a yummy idea. Bake a back to school cake and take their picture with it. Then they get to enjoy it when they get home.
Here’s a fun idea to do on the first day of school and then again on the last day!
If you drive your kids to school, this would be a different way to capture the first day of school!
More First Day of School Photo Ideas:
- Take a picture of your child with his or her teacher.
- If they have friends that live close by and are in the same grade, take some group pictures.
- Have them hold a chalkboard with their grade on it.
- Take a first day of school photo from the previous here, put it in a frame and have them hold that for the new first day of school photo that you’ll be taking.
- Have them stand by the school sign.
- You could have them stand by the flag pole.
- Since hash tags are all the rage to use, you could print out some signs that say (#kindergarten #firstdayofschool) and have them hold them.
- Take some sidewalk chalk and spell out their grade they are going into and then have them lay or sit by it and take an aerial photo.
- If you have a tripod and a self-timer on your camera take a picture of yourself with the kids.
- How to take great back to school photos