I had been hearing about Flatout Flatbread for awhile. It's a pretty popular whole-wheat clean eating flatbread to use to make wraps and pizzas. You can buy 6 in a package for around $4 in the deli section at your local grocery store. I have heard that walmart carries them as well. I decided to make grilled pizzas and try them on my family.
Grilled Flatout Flatbread Pizzas
- 6 ct package of Flat-out Flatbread
- 1 jar of pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of Italian mix shredded cheese (or Mozzarella)
- vegetables (I chose mushrooms and red peppers)
- 21 Day Fix Italian Seasoning Mix
- olive oil
- Preheat your grill on low heat.
- Place a sheet of foil on a cookie sheet.
- Spread olive oil evenly onto the foil.
- Place two pieces of flatbread on top.
- Add the sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Transfer the piece of foil with the pizzas on top from the cookie sheet to the grilled.
- Cover the grilled and cook for 5-10 minutes. Be careful because the thin bread can burn easily.
- Meanwhile prepare the next two pizzas for the grill.
- Move the pizzas on the foil from the grill to a cooling rack.
- Repeat until all 6 pizzas are finished.
These were so good! Everyone loved them. In the future I will get more adventurous with the toppings for but the sake of being frugal, I went easy. Each pizza is about the size of two pieces of bread. Here is the total cost:
- 6pk Flatout Flatbread: $4
- jar of pizza sauce: $1
- package of cheese: 2.50
- vegetables: $1.50
- TOTAL: $9 OR $1.50 per serving!
See how easy that was?
Find many more of my clean eating recipes HERE. You can also join my Frugal Fitness Facebook Group.
Never miss a tip, deal, or recipe when you subscribe to our newsletter to the right of your screen —->
[…] Foodie 12. Arctic Char with Bacon-Leek Chard | Eating Well 13. Steak Bowls | Beach Ready Now 14. Flatbread Pizzas | Mommy Savers 15. Vegan Pizza | Clean Eating Fix 16. Black Bean & Quinoa Bowl | Eating Well […]