My preschooler and I made this simple paper plate craft for Halloween. The only supplies needed are a paper plate, scissors, and some yarn or thread. You could use grey, white, or black yarn or thread. We used black embroidery thread. If you have some of those plastic spider rings, those would be fun to string onto the web as you’re making it.
- First, cut out the center of the paper plate.
- Cut notches around the outside of the plate, every inch or so.
- Tuck the end of the string or yarn into a notch and tape it in the back if desired.
- Now, wind your string across the paper plate, tucking it into an opposite notch.
- Continue winding the string back and forth across the opening in the plate until you are satisfied with your web.
- For younger kids, you might want to use several lengths of string to keep it from getting too tangled.
- If you’re using plastic ring spiders, make sure to thread them onto the string as you make the web.
- Cut the string and tape it to the back of the paper plate.
- You can see in the picture below that our web curled up a little bit where she pulled the strings too tight.