rice Krispy wreaths were a treat my mom used to make when I was growing up. They've been around a long time! We used red hot candies on them. When I made them this year, I used red m&ms. You can really use anything you like, and even use red rope licorice to tie a pretty ribbon on your wreath.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups rice krispies® (don't skimp! The real ones do make a difference)
- Red M&Ms or other candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray portion cereal mixture. Using buttered hands each portion into small wreath. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.