Vinegar wins our homemade frugal cleaners award, hands-down. It's got natural disinfecting properties, which make it safe to use around little ones and perhaps best of all – it's really inexpensive!
Creative Uses for Vinegar:
- Combine white vinegar along with a little water (one part vinegar, one part water) as an all-purpose glass cleaner
- For an all-purpose cleaner, combine 2 tsp. Borax, 1 tsp. liquid soap, 1/4 C. vinegar and 3 C. hot water in a spray bottle
- You can use vinegar along with a little baking soda as a mild abrasive cleaner on your stove top
- Add half a cup of white vinegar to your wash during the rinse cycle as a fabric softener
- Add a couple cups of vinegar to your toilet bowl at night, then clean with a brush in the morning
I add some peppermint oil to my vinegar spray bottle and the harsh smell disappears!
Kimberly Danger says
Great tip, Cassie!