My preschooler and I made these cute love bug Valentine’s Day cards to send to her cousins and friends. They were super easy and fun to make. She is getting very good with a glue stick.
To make this Valentine’s Day craft you will need:
- pink or red construction paper
- black construction paper
- glue stick
- googly eyes (optional)
- black chenille stems (optional)
- Cut out lots of black hearts to use as the ladybugs’ spots. If you have a small heart craft punch, it would come in really handy. Unless it is packed up and 9,000 miles away. In that case, use scissors.
- Cut out red or pink circles for the bodies and heads of your love bugs.
- Cut out black legs and antennae.
- Glue, glue glue!
- Add crayon features, if you like. Some of our love bug Valentines have crayon legs and eyes.
- Glue on googly eyes and chenille antennae, if desired.
We had to mail our love bugs overseas, so we kept most of our cards small and flat. But we made this giant love bug Valentine’s Day card for Daddy, and used googly eyes..