Sneak in protein and whole grains with this fun twist on a peanut butter sandwich. Perfect for a holiday treat at lunch or an afternoon snack.
- Whole wheat bread (or sliced bread of your choice)
- Peanut butter
- 1 large sized marshmallow
- 1 mini marshmallow
- 2 brown M&M’s
- 3 pretzel sticks (or 1 regular pretzel broken in half)
- Red cookie or cupcake decorating crystals
- Smear a generous amount of peanut butter on a slice of bread (toasted, if you like).
- Stick 2 pretzel sticks out of the top of the bread. Break the 3rd pretzel stick into pieces and adhere to the inserted pretzel sticks with peanut butter, to make antlers. (If using 1 regular pretzel, simply break it in half and insert each half in the top of the bread slice.)
- Cut the mini marshmallow in half and place on bread to form eyes.
- Dab a small bit of peanut butter on the back of the M&M’s and attach to the mini marshmallows to form the brown of the eyes.
- Quickly, dip the end of the large marshmallow in a bowl of water. (Do NOT allow the marshmallow to “soak” in the water. A quick dip is plenty.)
- Immediately, dip the wet end of the marshmallow in the red decorating crystals.
- Place large marshmallow, red end up, in the center of the peanut butter bread. The red crystals will dry quickly.
- Dip the toothpick in molasses and draw Rudolph’s mouth beneath the nose.
- Enjoy your child’s smile!
Kimberly Danger says
This is SO cute, Mandy! I love it.