These camo cupcakes with buttercream frosting were a huge hit at my house because of the cupcakes lightness and the colorful, yummy frosting! They would be perfect to take to any redneck party or to surprise someone who is a Duck Dynasty fan.
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients called for on the cake mix boxes
- Green food coloring
1. Make your white cake mix and your chocolate cake mix in separate bowls according to the package directions.
2. Divide the cake batters into four bowls equally as follows:
- White batter
- White batter with green food coloring and a dash of chocolate batter
- Equal parts chocolate and white
- Chocolate batter
Mix the batters until you get the colors you like. There will be more chocolate batter than other colors.
3. Put paper cupcake liners in a cupcake tin. Drop spoonfuls of each mixture into the liners.
4. Bake according to directions on box. When done baking take them out of the tin and let them cool.
5. Once cooled frost with buttercream frosting.
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. (2 sticks) salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Dash of heavy whipping cream (can also use milk or half and half)
1. Put softened butter into mixer bowl and mix for 30 seconds on low. Slowly add powdered sugar, one cup at a time.
2. Once all of the powdered sugar is incorporated, mix on high for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Scape down the sides of the bowl and add the vanilla extract.
3. Whip this for another minute and then add your dash of cream. Whip for one more minute.
4. Divide frosting into three bowls equally as follows:
- One bowl white frosting
- Add green food coloring and cocoa powder to second bowl and mix
- Third bowl, only add cocoa powder until desired brown color
For the larger bag I just used a plain clean large bag and cut the corner out just big enough for the tip fit thru. I then put some masking tape around the bag down by the tip to hold it together.
6. Frost your camo cupcakes and ENJOY!
More related cupcake ideas: