Never underestimate the power of spray paint. So says Shelli of a la mode in describing her side-table makeover. And she’s right. A can of spray paint can do wonders to remake old furniture or decor, and update your living room in a flash! Here are 5 ways to use spray paint to give your living room an inexpensive makeover.
1. Paint a Picture Frame. Cheap picture frames from a garage sale or the dollar store can be painted to match your living room. The Bumble in the Bee even shows you how to turn them into a unique photo display.
2. Update a Lamp. The lamp below, from Lemon Tree Creations, showcases one of many ways to use spray paint to update an old, ugly lamp. Find more ideas for lamp makeovers in the Mommysavers Creative Side forum.
3. Redo a Side Table. Do you have a neglected side table, or night stand? Give it a new life with a coat of paint. Bright colors are fun, but realistically, they’re a little harder to incorporate into the average person’s home decor. A more toned-down side-table makeover may be in order if your living room can’t handle lime green.
4. Stencil a Rug. A new trend in DIY home decor is painted rugs. Personalize a cheap IKEA rug, or add a monogram to your doormat. Mama Says Sew has a tutorial for this rug re-do – which would also make a fun wedding gift!
5. Decorate a Bottle or Jar. Take an old bottle or jar and turn it into a work of art with just a bit of paint. This technique was used by Domestically Speaking and Colour Her Hope (pictured) to create some stunning mantel decorations.
Lauren Hannah says
What you did is beautiful, I love it especially that you use bright colors that give life to the decorations as well as to the room.