Gift cards are an increasingly popular gift idea for the holidays. You may think you have to pay dollar-for-dollar when you buy a gift card, but finding gift card deals is fairly easy. Here are some ways to save on gift cards – or even get gift cards for free.
Ways to Save on Gift Cards
- Check out your warehouse store such as Sam’s Club or Costco for reduced prices on gift cards, movie tickets and more.
- Redeem credit card rewards for free gift cards.
- Earn gift cards through online rewards sites. Mommysavers members recommend MyPoints and Swagbucks. Here are some Swagbucks tips to help you get started.
- You can also earn gift cards to stores like Target with free shopping apps like Shopkick.
- Target and Best Buy frequently offer discounts on iTunes gift cards, usually 10% off.
- The grocery store is another place to find discounts on gift cards. Some stores offer a store gift card if you buy a certain amount of gift cards to other retailers. Other stores offer double or triple rewards points of gift card purchases. These deals don’t save you money on the gift cards themselves, but will help your budget overall.
- Collecting points from product purchases can also earn you free gift cards. Free gift cards can be redeemed as rewards at My Coke Rewards, Disney Movie Rewards, Pampers Gifts to Grow, Pepsi Quench Points, Huggies Rewards and more.
- Around the holidays, restaurants offer deals on their gift cards. Usually it’s something like buy $25 in gift cards, get a $5 gift card free. Dozens of restaurants offer these gift card deals, from fine dining to casual chains, to frozen yogurt shops
- Look for gift cards on group deal sites like Groupon. Often, you’ll save 50% or more on gift cards for spa services, photography, and restaurants. (view our large list of Daily Deal Sites)
For restaurant gift cards, the industry leader is Restaurant.com. It’s not uncommon to find $25 gift cards for as little as $5. Check their site for coupon codes.
Disclosure: Some of the links above may include affiliate or referral links.