thanksgiving Turkey cheese Ball
Introducing a Thanksgiving recipe for kids to join the holiday cheese ball recipe lineup: the Turkey Cheese Ball!
Isn't he cute? He looks a little worried, but it's justified: this holiday appetizer is so delicious it will be gobbled up in no time! Not only is it fun to eat, it was a fun Thanksgiving recipe to make with the kids, too.
Here is my Basic Cheese Ball Recipe – feel free to substitute your own cheese ball recipe.
- 2 packages softened cream cheese
- 3 cups grated cheese (such as Cheddar)
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
Mix all ingredients well. Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours before decorating.
To make it into a Thanksgiving recipe with the kids, you'll also need:
- 1 large carrot
- a couple of dried cranberries
- chopped nuts such as walnuts
- whole or sliced almonds
- vegetable sticks (we used cucumber and carrot; a variety of bell peppers would be cute)
- Wilton candy eyes
How to decorate your Thanksgiving Turkey Cheese Ball:
- After the cheese ball has been refrigerated and is firm, roll it in the chopped nuts. Cover the cheese completely in nuts by pressing them in any open spots.
- Cut slices off the thick end of the carrot and notch them to use for the turkey's feet.
- Cut a wedge of carrot to use as a nose. Add a dried cranberry wattle and the wilton candy eyes for the turkey's face.
- Use the almonds and vegetable sticks to make a turkey tail on the back of the cheese ball.
- Serve with crackers!
Make sure you let the kids help with the last part of the recipe – decorating the turkey!
Holiday Cheese Balls:
Thanksgiving Recipes for Kids:
- Healthy Thanksgiving Snacks
- Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies
- Acorn Treats
- Nutter Butter Turkey Cupcakes
- Thanksgiving School Party