Last week I co-hosted a 7 Day Clean Eating Crock Pot Challenge with some other beach Body coaches. One of the other coaches featured this easy and wonderful clean eating crock pot dessert! It's perfect for a family dinner, potluck, or a warm and cozy evening at home.
This Crock Pot Apple Dump Dessert can double as a breakfast for a dessert. Either way it's awesome for a “sweet tooth.”
- 4 Large Granny Smith Apples
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (I use organic)
- ½ cup organic apple juice
- 4 tablespoons organic butter cut into little chunks
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups of your favorite granola (vanilla almond granola is perfect)
- Optional ¾ cup walnuts
Find all of the tips and instructions at Coastal Girl Food n Fitness.
Also, check out this Chai Spiced Poached Pear recipe another challenger shared.
- 4-6 medium-ripe pears of choice
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick, split in 2
- 1 inch piece of peeled ginger, cut in small slices
Find out how to make this recipe HERE.
Challenger Dawn shared this recipe for Crock Pot bananas Foster (sorry no picture):
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (unrefined coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoon honey
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 bananas, medium firmness, 1/2” slices
- 1-2 Tbsp rum or 1/2 teaspoon 100% Rum Extract (optional)
- Combine the first four ingredients to the slow cooker and mix together.
- Add banana slices, toss gently to coat with honey mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add rum/extract to bananas and stir to combine.
- If you want to be fancy, you can light it on fire as you serve it. It is a nice dramatic effect. It burns off the rum.
- If you must, you can serve it over vanilla ice cream.
Never miss a deal, tip, or recipe when you subscribe to our newsletter to the right of your screen —->
Leave a Reply