Life gets really busy sometimes. If you don't make a conscious effort to connect with your significant other, it often doesn't happen. Don't let time OR money be an excuse. It's also fun to take advantage of the cool weather and pretty scenery of the fall season. Here are some ideas in and out of your home:
Date Nights Out and About
*Tip: Trade babysitting once a month with trusted friends who need their own night out.
- Take a walk or a short hike. Most parks have nature trails that are fairly easy to follow.
- Find a view to watch the sunset with a thermos of hot chocolate or spiced cider
- Go to a local Fall festival. Several churches and communities host FREE events
- Pick apples (this may cost more than a couple dollars. Our local orchard charges around $8 for a huge bag of apples)
- Check out a local free museum or art gallery
- Take a cooking class. Williams-Sonoma offers FREE classes.
- Go roller blading or bike riding
- Go for a drive
- Have a picnic in the park
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Still have a discount theater near you? Check out a matinee for around $5 a ticket
- Go for a jog
- Do a corn maze
- Go for a hay ride
- Hit up a couple local bakeries and try some new treats
- Have a fall photo shoot and take fun photos of each other and selfies with funny faces
- Visit an outdoor Farmer's Market
- Grab some frozen yogurt at those pay-by-the-ounce places
- Go buy some cheap kites and fly them in the park
- Go to yard sales (still going on in early Fall)
Date Nights at Home:
- Build or a use a fire pit and roast marshmallows
- Try a new Fall apple recipe
- Try a new Fall pumpkin recipe
- Bake cookies
- Rent a Redbox or borrow a movie from your library. You can also rent a movie on Amazon, watch it on a tablet or laptop under the stars tucked under some blankets or sleeping bags.
- Watch a classic movie from your childhood
- Or use those sleeping bags to star gaze. You can download constellation maps for FREE.
- Have a game night and pop popcorn
- Carve pumpkins. Get them cheaply at local farms.
- Rake and play in leaves
- Paint a picture. Acrylics are often under $1 each at Michael's.
- Take the time to create a photo album. Sign up for Snapfish or Shutterfly and get FREE prints. Sometimes they offer 101 FREE prints anyways (just pay shipping). Buy a cheap album and put it together enjoying the fun memories.
- Read a book and discuss it (a book club for two)
- Write a list of 10 things you love/like about each other and share them.
- Put a puzzle together
More date night Ideas:
- Date Night Dinner for Two: Teriyaki Steak Stir Fry (15 Minutes – 3 Ingredients)
- Frugal Fast Date Night Dinner in 15 Minutes
- Frugal Date Night Ideas: Creating a Romantic Tablescape for Two
- Cheap Dates: Entertainment on a Budget