This dish is a testament to how the right blend of simple ingredients and spices can result in a dish packed with unbelievable flavors. In this recipe, we use succulent boneless skinless chicken thighs – known for their rich, deep flavor and perfect tenderness – and pair them with the earthy, slightly nutty flavor profile of Bella mushrooms.
We use garlic and herb seasoning, but you can also use whatever poultry seasoning you have on hand. The result? A comforting, savory meal after a long day that is sure to please everyone in your family.
Baked Chicken Thighs with Bella Mushrooms
Ingredients for the Chicken:
- 1.5 pounds of chicken thighs or dark-meat chicken
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 8 ounces (250g) of sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of dried thyme (adjust according to your taste)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary (adjust according to your taste)
- Dry the chicken thighs with a paper towel and trim off any excess fat.
- In a bowl, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, dried thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Use this mix to coat the chicken thighs evenly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the chicken thighs in batches in the heated oil until they are browned on both sides and fully cooked in the middle. This should take about 8 minutes per side, but can vary depending on the thickness of the thighs. If necessary, add the remaining oil for the second batch of chicken.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside on a plate. Keep it warm.
- Using the same pan, melt the butter and add the sliced mushrooms. Season them with salt and pepper and cook until they're soft, which should take about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, fresh chopped parsley, dried thyme, and dried rosemary to the pan. Sauté these ingredients until they are fragrant, which should take about 1 minute.
- Return the cooked chicken to the pan with the sauce. Check the flavor and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- To finish, garnish the chicken with fresh parsley and serve it immediately.