Delicious Carolina Barbecue Spareribs
Are you craving a barbecue dinner but concerned about your food budget? Let us put your mind at ease! We have a delicious recipe for Carolina Barbecue Spareribs that brings a taste of the Southern US to your kitchen without straining your wallet. Spareribs, being a less expensive cut of pork, often go overlooked despite their rich flavor and tender texture. When cooked slowly and slathered with our homemade tangy, vinegar-based Carolina barbecue sauce, these ribs transform into a succulent, finger-licking good meal. Serve with a simple side of steamed peas, and you've got a restaurant-quality dinner at a fraction of the price.
The beauty of Carolina-style barbecue lies in its simplicity and a deep understanding of flavor. The primary element of its uniqueness comes from the sauce – a tangy, vinegar-based concoction that is distinctly different from the sweet, ketchup-based sauces you might be accustomed to.
For the Spareribs:
- 1 rack of fresh spareribs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Carolina Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start with preparing the Carolina bbq sauce. In a saucepan, combine apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, salt, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow the sauce to cool. This should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 275°F (135°C). While the oven is preheating, season the spareribs with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the seasoned ribs in a baking dish and bake for about 2 hours, or until the ribs are tender and the meat is pulling away from the bones.
- After the ribs have baked, remove them from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Generously brush the ribs with your homemade Carolina barbecue sauce. Be sure to cover every nook and cranny of the rib rack.
- Return the ribs to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce is caramelized and sticky.
And there you have it – delicious Carolina Barbecue Spareribs! The tangy, vinegar-based sauce perfectly complements the rich, juicy spareribs. This is a simple recipe that delivers a big flavor punch and is sure to impress your family or guests.
Remember, cooking is all about love, so put on your favorite tunes, roll up your sleeves, and get cooking! Enjoy this Southern delight.