I first tried this dish at Granite City Food and Brewery in Maple Grove, Minnesota. On their menu, it's called the BBQ chicken Flatbread pizza. It was DELISH! What made it taste exceptional was the cilantro and red onions. I recently tried making it at home, and was happy with the end result. I'll definitely be making it again. Not only that, my cost for the entire pizza was under $6. The best part: it took just minutes to prepare!
1. Look for deals. You could definitely use your own homemade pizza crust, but I opted for the easy route since I had a coupon for the Pillsbury Pizza Crust. I also found the Great Value Mozzarella Cheese on sale for just $1.26 at walmart.
2. Prepare the crust. It's really important to pre-bake the crust at least 5-7 minutes so you don't end up with a soggy pizza.
3. Mix chicken with BBQ sauce. Luckily, we had leftovers from rotisserie chicken the night before. You could also thaw 2-3 chicken breasts and cook them as usual. Mix the sauce until chicken is entirely coated. I used about 1/5 of a bottle of sauce.
4. Chop cilantro, slice onion. I used about 1/2 C. chopped cilantro and about 1/4 of a large red onion, sliced thinly.
6. Bake. Bake around 10 minutes at 400 or until cheese begins to brown lightly.