Yes, that’s right. This is a clean eating recipe that tastes like cheating but it’s not at all.
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
8 halves = 4 servings
- 4 Bell Peppers (any color you want but I used red)
- 4 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 1 lb of steak, cut into really thin slices
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- First, use a little olive oil and sauté the onions and mushrooms in a large skillet or frying pan.
- Add the steak and cook until fully browned, stirring with the onions and mushrooms. Add a bit of sea salt and pepper to taste. (You could also used the seasoned salt in the 21 Day Fix meal plan)
- Slice the peppers in half, remove the seeds, and place them in a baking pan, hollow side up.
- Place a half a slice of provolone cheese at the bottom of each pepper.
- Scoop the meat, onion, and mushroom mixture into the pepper halves, making the portions as even as possible.
- Top with another half of a slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes until cheese is golden brown and the pepper is softened.
This carb-free goodness features all of the best parts of the sandwich it’s inspired from! Plus, 2 halves is a pretty good serving size. That’s a lot of food! Plus you can foil wrap each half individually before baking and simply cook them later.
*21 Day Fix container equivalents for a full serving is approx: 1 1/2 green containers, 1 red container, and 1 blue container.
Plus, Join our Mommysavers Deals Facebook page so you see out latest frugal tips and deals as well as share your own. Plus, over to the right of your screen you can subscribe to our Mommysavers newsletter and get the latest updates sent directly to your inbox ——->