It’s really important to have some comfort food while doing your 21 Day Fix Clean Eating Challenge. I previously worked out a recipe for Clean Eating Easy Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan. It was delicious and satisfies the craving, however I wanted to try is again.
So this “Take Two” Recipe requires a couple extra steps. I did this because when making Chicken and/or Eggplant Parmesan BF (Before Fix), I would fry the breaded chicken and eggplant slices on top of the stove so they would get really crispy before being covered in sauce. So I’m trying to replicate my original recipe even more by baking the breaded chicken and parmesan before even putting it in the oven with the sauce and cheese. Here is what you do:
Clean Eating Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan (Take TWO)
4 – 6 servings
- 1 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- olive oil
- 1 egg
- 21 Day Fix All Purpose Seasoning (or other 21DF approved seasoned salt)
- Panko bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2-3 cups of spaghetti sauce (depending on your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded Italian mix cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Use the olive oil spray to grease your cookie sheet and the bottom of your baking pan.
- Whisk the eggs together and splash in some milk in a small bowl, add the seasoned salt.
- Pour the bread crumbs into a bowl and mix in some Italian seasoning.
- Peel and slice the eggplant so they are about 1 inch thick.
- Dip the eggplant slices and chicken tenders in the egg mixture then roll them in the bread crumbs,
- Place each piece on the cookie sheet.
- Allow to bake for about 25-35 minutes. Eggplant should be soft and the chicken should be thoroughly cooked.
- Transfer all of the eggplant and chicken to a baking pan.
- Cover with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheese
- Stick the pan into the oven for another 15-20 minutes until the cheese is all melting and crisp.
I personally prefer this recipe to my first Easy Chicken and Eggplant Parm (Clean Eating) recipe. However if you are short on time or not very experienced in the kitchen. I would go with the first recipe HERE.
A serving size to be is one chicken tender and one pretty good sized slice of eggplant. Of course the chicken tenders I got at the butcher are about 1/4 lb each. The eggplant I bought was pretty wide too. So I estimate these 21 Day Fix container counts: 1 green, 1/2 purple, 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 blue. Just do the best you can in estimating visually based on what you know about the sizes of your containers and the ingredients in your recipe.