This recipe is delicious! I basically reformed my old chicken Alfredo recipe into something yummy and clean eating with protein and vegetables. I prepared it with whole wheat pasta. I actually couldn’t find fettucini noodles that were whole wheat so I used Linguini noodles. They were really great! If you think you don’t like whole wheat pasta, try Linguini. I thought the Angel Hair pasta was kind of pasty, but the whole wheat Linguini was so similar in texture to their white flour counterparts.
*Note: The ingredients are all estimates. Alter your own recipe to you personal taste.
Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 package of frozen broccoli, steamed
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of flour (I used gluten-free)
- 2 cups of UNSWEETENED almond milk
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of 21 Day Fix All Purpose Seasoning
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on medium/high heat
- Whisk the flour into the olive oil and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Slowly add the almond milk, whisking the entire time.
- Once the milk starts to steam and boil, lower the heat to medium.
- Add the parmesan cheese a little handful at a time, whisking as you go.
- Once it’s thickened, lower the heat to simmer and stir in the broccoli and shrimp.
Serve over your favorite wheat pasta and it tastes like a cheat meal but it’s not!
*21 Day Fix Containers: 1 green, 1 red, 1- 1 1/2 yellow (depending on amount of pasta), 1/2 blue
Follow the rest of my clean eating journey HERE. Want all of my recipes? Check out the NEW site, Clean Eating Fix. You can even print them out! You can also Subscribe to the right of the screen to get deals and recipes right in your inbox. —–>