panda express Orange chicken Ingredients
2 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon oil
Oil for frying
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped green onion
dash red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons water
5 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Panda Express Orange Chicken Instructions
1. Mix egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Mix cornstarch and flour in a separate bowl.
3. dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then into the cornstarch mixture.
4. Deep-fry chicken at 375 in small batches for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
5. Drain the chicken on paper towels.
6. Cook minced ginger and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil.
7. Add green onion and red pepper flakes.
8. Mix soy sauce, water, sugar and white vinegar together. Add to pan and bring to a boil.
9. Stir in chicken.
10. Mix 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
11. Add to chicken/sauce and cook until thickened.
We served our homemade Panda Express orange chicken with fried rice.
I dont see any oranges or orange juice in this and I have never had Panda Express orange chicken.
Susie Chadwick says
Yes, the recipe doesn’t actually have any orange in it, though you could add orange zest to the sauce if you wanted.
This one is a winner at our house! I highly siggest this website for many other recipes as well!