panda express Orange chicken Ingredients
2 lb chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon oil
Oil for frying
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped green onion
dash red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons water
5 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Panda Express Orange Chicken Instructions
1. Mix egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Mix cornstarch and flour in a separate bowl.
3. dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then into the cornstarch mixture.
4. Deep-fry chicken at 375 in small batches for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
5. Drain the chicken on paper towels.
6. Cook minced ginger and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil.
7. Add green onion and red pepper flakes.
8. Mix soy sauce, water, sugar and white vinegar together. Add to pan and bring to a boil.
9. Stir in chicken.
10. Mix 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
11. Add to chicken/sauce and cook until thickened.
We served our homemade Panda Express orange chicken with fried rice.