If you’ve ever had Cranberry Bliss Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting around the holidays at Starbucks (a seasonal dessert of theirs) you know that you’ve tasted a piece of heaven. It’s a moist blondie bar stuffed full of cranberries and white chocolate topped with a creamy, cream cheese frosting.
Now, you can have that same treat all year long with this close-to copycat version of it.
Cranberry Bliss Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 c.) butter, cubes
- 1 1/2 c. light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 4 ounce box of white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
Blondie Bar Layer Instructions:
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2 – In medium microwave-safe glass bowl, melt butter in the microwave for one minute or until melted. Stir in the brown sugar. Let this cool to room temperature.
Step 3 – Transfer the butter and brown sugar mixture to a mixture bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until completely incorporated.
Step 4 – In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Gradually, add the dry mixture to the butter, brown sugar mixture. Mix until well blended.
Step 5 – Mix in the chopped cranberries and white chocolate. The mixture will be thick.
Step 6 – Spread the blondie layer batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 18-21 minutes or until when a toothpick is inserted in the center and it comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. dried cranberries, coarsely chopped (These are for decorating the top of the frosting with)
Step 1 – Combine all of the frosting ingredients (except cranberries) into a bowl and mix until completely incorporated.
Step 2 – Spread on top of baked brownie layer and sprinkle with chopped cranberries.
Other ideas for Christmas Treats:
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars
- White Chocolate Cranberry Bread Pudding
- Christmas Treats: Cranberry Pecan Pinwheels
- Christmas Treats: Jell-O Popcorn
- Easy (and Frugal) Baked Brie Recipe
- Christmas S’more Bars Recipe
Leave a Reply