What’s nice about this Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole is that it’s a complete meal all-in-one. It contains your meat, potatoes, veggies, beans and yummy, ooey, gooey cheese! This recipe is great for those busy week nights or weekends, when you just don’t have the time to do a complete homemade individual dish meal.
Crock Pot Cowboy Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, browned and drained (if needed)
- 1 cup, whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup (You can make your own Homemade Condensed Cream Soup)
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 lb. small red potatoes (4-5 small-medium sized ones), sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp or less salt
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Step 3: Dice the onion. Scrub clean the potatoes and slice thinly.
Step 5: Add the seasonings; salt, black pepper and Mrs. Dash, mix well.
Step 8: At the end of the cooking time, uncover and add the one cup of cheese and let cook for an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. *I do give this a couple of stirs while it is cooking just to be sure that all of the potatoes get done.