No babysitter? No problem, you can make a nice date night dinner at home after the little ones are in bed. This semi-homemade recipe takes as little as three ingredients and 15 minutes to make! The best part is that in only cost me around $6!
Teriyaki Steak Stir Fry
15 minutes, serves 2 adults
- 12 oz package pre-marinated sirloin steak (found marked down at my local grocery store. Also try Target’s meat department)
- Store brand frozen stir fry vegetables (defrost them in the fridge all day so they cook faster)
- Store brand steam-pack of frozen rice (not the cheapest way to go, but the fastest)
- Preheat a large frying pan or wok on medium-high heat, meanwhile cut up the steak into bite-sized pieces.
- When steak is cooked through, add the vegetables
- While the vegetables are cooking, place the rice in the microwave as directed.
- When everything is finished cooking, divide the rice into two bowls and top with the stir fry.
This recipe can be made with chicken or pork as well. It really just depends on what kind of meat deals you can find. If you can’t find pre-marinated meat or you like a little more sauce, you can make your own simple teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
Simply mix everything together with a whisk. you can adjust the amounts to your own taste.
What’s also nice is that this recipe can be made for an entire family on a busy weeknight. Simply double or triple the recipe depending on the size of your family.
Need a nice gift for your S/O? Check out this great idea: A Year of Date Nights