I’m a fan of easy shape cakes that can be cut from basic cake pans. Shaped cake pans are expensive and take up so much room. This Easter Bunny Cake is made from two 9-inch rounds.
How to Make an Easter Bunny Cake
- Bake your cake (I used a boxed mix) in two 9″ cake rounds.
- Once the cake is cool, remove from the pan and make the Easter Bunny shape.
- Leave one cake round without cutting for the Easter Bunny’s head.
- Cut the second cake round as pictured, cutting a bunny ear from each side of the cake. The center of the cake can be used as a bow tie if you want your Easter Bunny to be dressed up.
- Lay the cake bunny ears on top of the head piece.
- Frost and decorate! We used piped frosting and Wilton candy eyes to put an Easter Bunny face on our cake.
As cute as our bunny cake is, it’s the frosting that really made this cake fantastic. I used my Stable Whipped Cream Frosting recipe and it is so good!