How do you top off a fun day of holiday decorating with the kids? With a fun snack, of course. Our choice was this snowman on a Stick. They are really fast, easy, and the kids can pitch-in with assembly. What a fun treat to arrange in a bowl for a classroom holiday party, too! Obviously, you can use whatever you have around your kitchen. Here is how we made ours:
- 3 large sized marshmallows
- 1 mini sized marshmallow
- 3 chocolate chips
- 1 candy corn (or any other orange candy)
- 1 pretzel stick
- 1 piece of bubble gum
- 1 skewer
- 1 toothpick
- ribbon or leftover cloth strip (for scarf)
- In this order, stack 3 large marshmallows, one piece of bubble gum, and 1/2 of a mini marshmallow on the skewer. (I cut the point off the skewer because my daughter is very young.)
- Using the toothpick, poke 3 holes (total) in the lower 2 marshmallows.
- Insert the pointed end of each of the chocolate chips in one of the 3 holes. These are the “buttons”.
- Using the toothpick, poke one hole on either side of the middle marshmallow.
- Break the pretzel stick evenly in half. Insert one half into each of the side holes. These are the “arms”.
- Using the toothpick, dig a small hole in the center of the top marshmallow.
- Cut the tip off of the candy corn and insert it into the hole. This is the “nose”.
- dip the toothpick in a small drop of molasses. Dot the molasses on the top marshmallow to make “eyes”.
- Tie the ribbon round the “neck” area, above the arms, for the scarf.
If I were making this to transport (to a class party, for example), I would use a dab of peanut butter as “adhesive”, to help hold all of the parts in place. What a tasty addition!
Enjoy this fun snack as a special treat!
How cute! I think I’ll try these for my 6 & 8 year olds classes, minus the peanut butter, their school is peanut free.