Have you ever used those Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips? They work well to remove dirt, oil, and blackheads from your skin, but they are expensive. On Amazon, a box of 8 Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips costs $9.44 – that’s over $1 per strip!
Save your money with this recipe for frugal, homemade pore cleansing strips! This is so easy and inexpensive to do at home, you will never spend money on the Biore strips again.
Ingredients for Homemade Pore Cleansing Strips
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 3/8 teaspoon milk or water
- small microwave-safe dish
- q-tip or makeup brush
This amount will make plenty for doing your nose and chin. If you need more, double the recipe to 1/2 teaspoon gelatin and 3/4 teaspoon milk or water.
Instructions for Homemade Pore Cleansing Strips
- Mix the gelatin and milk or water in the dish.
- Microwave for 10 seconds, or until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Apply to your clean face using a q-tip or makeup brush. If you apply it too thinly, you won’t be able to peel it off, so make sure to get a good amount on.
- Allow the mixture to dry for at least 20 minutes. You will feel it harden on your face.
- Once the gelatin is dry, slowly peel it off your skin to reveal your clean beautiful skin beneath.
- Wash your face again to remove any remnants of the gelatin mixture.
If you use a makeup brush to apply the gelatin mixture to your face, be sure to rinse and wash it immediately. Also, a forewarning about putting this on your nose. Do you know what gelatin is made out of? This doesn’t smell great.
I’ve also heard that applying Elmer’s glue to your face and allowing it to dry has the same effect, but I’m not willing to put glue on my face.