Add a bit of green food color to your Rice Krispies Treats to make these cute Rice Krispies Christmas Trees! Add a cake pop stick if you choose. Plus, the cutting method makes them really fast and easy to make.
Rice Krispies Christmas Trees
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package regular marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies (don’t skimp! The real ones do make a difference)
- White frosting for the garland
- M&Ms candies for the tree decorations
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Press the Rice Krispies mixture into a greased cookie sheet.
4. Cut tree shapes by first creating rectangle-shapes, then cutting the rectangles in half diagonally to form a triangle.
5. Insert a stick if you’d like to make them into cake pops
6. Frost the garland onto the treat, then press on the M&Ms candies.