Easy Two-Ingredient Pulled Pork Recipe
Pulled pork is a classic dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you're hosting a backyard barbecue or just looking for a delicious meal to enjoy with your family, this easy two-ingredient pulled pork recipe is sure to be a hit. The best part? You only need two ingredients to make it!
- 1 (3-4 pound) pork shoulder
- 1 bottle of your favorite sauce (can be barbeque sauce or another sauce that pairs well with pork)
- Place the pork shoulder in a slow cooker and add enough water to cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Transfer the pork to a bowl and shred it with two forks.
- Return the pork to the slow cooker and stir in the barbecue sauce.
- Spoon a generous amount of pork into each roll to serve.
Easy Pulled Pork Recipe
If you're looking for a more flavorful pulled pork recipe, this one is for you. Made with pantry spices and coke to tenderize the meat and add sweetness to the seasonings, this recipe is perfect for those who want to add a little extra flavor to their pulled pork.
- 4 lb pork shoulder or butt
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 can of coke
- Trim the pork of excess fat and cut it into 4 pieces. Combine spices in a small bowl and rub all over the pork. (This can be done the night before).
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a Dutch oven pot over medium-high heat. Add the meat and sear for a few seconds on all sides.
- Add the coke to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 hours or until the pork is tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove the pork from the pot and shred it with two forks.
- Serve the pulled pork with your favorite barbecue sauce.
Pulled Pork Serving Suggestions
There are many ways to serve pulled pork, and here are some ideas to get you started:
- Pulled pork sliders with coleslaw: Sliders are a fun and easy way to serve pulled pork, and coleslaw is a classic topping that adds crunch and creaminess. You can make your own coleslaw or buy a pre-made mix.
- Pulled pork tacos with cilantro: Tacos are another great way to enjoy pulled pork, and cilantro is a fresh and flavorful garnish that pairs well with the rich meat. You can add other toppings like avocado, lime, and salsa to customize your tacos.
- Pulled pork baked potatoes: Baked potatoes are a hearty and satisfying base for pulled pork. You can top them with cheese, sour cream, and green onions for a classic loaded potato, or get creative with other toppings like jalapenos or bacon.
- Pulled pork nachos: Nachos are a crowd-pleasing snack that can be customized with all your favorite toppings. Pulled pork adds a savory and meaty element to the mix, and cilantro is a bright and fresh garnish that balances the richness of the cheese and meat.
- Pulled pork salad: If you're looking for a lighter way to enjoy pulled pork, try adding it to a salad. You can use a mix of greens, veggies, and fruits to create a balanced and flavorful salad, and cilantro is a great herb to add for extra flavor.
- Pulled pork quesadillas: Quesadillas are a fun and easy way to enjoy pulled pork, and they can be customized with all your favorite toppings. You can add cheese, beans, veggies, and salsa to create a filling and satisfying meal.
- Pulled pork mac and cheese: Mac and cheese is a classic comfort food that pairs perfectly with pulled pork. You can use leftover pulled pork to make a creamy and cheesy casserole that's sure to be a hit.
- Pulled pork pizza: Pizza is a fun and easy way to enjoy pulled pork, and you can customize your toppings to suit your tastes. You can use a pre-made crust or make your own, and add cheese, barbecue sauce, and other toppings like onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Pulled pork stuffed sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a healthy and flavorful base for pulled pork. You can bake the sweet potatoes in the oven or microwave, and then top them with pulled pork, cheese, and other toppings like green onions or jalapenos.
- Pulled pork grilled cheese: Grilled cheese is a classic sandwich that can be made even better with the addition of pulled pork. You can use your favorite bread and cheese, and add pulled pork, barbecue sauce, and other toppings like pickles or onions.
- Pulled pork sliders with cornbread: Sliders are a fun and easy way to serve pulled pork, and cornbread is a classic side dish that pairs well with barbecue. You can make your own cornbread or buy a pre-made mix, and serve it alongside your pulled pork sliders.
Pulled pork is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. Whether you prefer a simple two-ingredient recipe or a more flavorful version, these recipes are sure to satisfy your cravings. Best of all, they only require easily accessible ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So why not give them a try and see for yourself how easy and delicious pulled pork can be!