Traditionally, Vick’s VapoRub is rubbed on the chest to help aid congestion relief during cold and flu season. However, it turns out that Vick’s is a pretty handy product to have on hand for other uses as well. Plus, try your hand at making Homemade Vick’s VapoRub.
- Cough Relief: If your or your child had a night time cough, rub some vapor rub at the bottom of each foot. Then cover them with socks.
- Muscle Relief: Apply and rub into sore muscles to relieve aches and pains
- Headache Relief: Rub some vapor rub across your forehead and temples to help relieve headaches
- Ear Pain Relief: Apply a small amount of vapor rub to a cotton ball and place right inside your ear for pain relief.
- Eczema Treatment: Apply to rash areas to reduce itch and inflammation
- Acne Treatment: Apply to pimples several times a day to dry them out
- Treat Cold Sores: Apply a little onto the area as soon as your feel a cold sore coming up
- Treat Paper Cuts: Apply directly to your cut to prevent infection and help with faster healing
- Treat Splinters: Apply vapor rub to prevent infection and help the sliver to work it’s way out of the skin faster
- Dissolve Bruises: Mix vapor rub with salt and apply it on top of the recently bruised area. It encourages a faster breakdown of the blood, getting rid of the black and blue faster
- Nail Fungus Be Gone: Rub the infected toe and nail bed with vapor rub up to twice a day. *Note: Nail may naturally darken. Trim your nails until the infected area is gone
- Treat Dry Cracked Heels: Apply twice a day to your cracked heels and cover with socks
- Treat Stretch Marks: Apply vapor rub to your stretch marks. There should be some difference within 2 weeks. (Let us know if this one works for you!)
- Block Odors: Dab a tiny bit under your nose to block offensive odors
- Aromatherapy: Some humidifiers have compartments for adding aromatic products. Add vapor rub and turn on your humidifier to help with the stuffiness so you can sleep better.
- Bug Repellent: Dab some on different parts of your skin to repel mosquitos. If bitten by a tick, apply right away. The odor should get the tick to release.
- Cat Deterrent: Cats and dogs hate the smell of vapor rub. So, if there is a piece of furniture your cat scratches (like a door or a table). Rub just a little bit of vapor rub onto the area and your cat should stay away.
- Dog Deterrent: If you are having trouble with your dog peeing in your house, place a little vapor rub near the spot they marked as their territory. It will keep them away.
Note: These is no guarantee that any of these remedies will work for everyone all the time. Let us know what works for you by commenting below.
Have any other original Vick’s Vapor Rub uses? Share them HERE.