Who doesn’t live a good foil wrapped baked potato? The problem is that it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes to bake them in the oven or grill them. Making them in the crock pot cuts out so much of the hassle! You can prepare them in advance the previous day. Then stick them in your crock pot and forget about them until you are done.
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- 6 medium potatoes (Russet, White, or Red)
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 6 pieces of foil
- Wash the potatose and use a fork to poke holes in each one.
- Place all 6 potatoes on their own piece of foil (large enough for wrapping).
- Drizzle olive oil over each potato.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over each potato as well.
- Tightly wrap each potato in foil and place them in the crock pot (all should be touching the bottom of the crock pot.
- Cook the potatoes on low for 8 hrs or on high for 4 hrs.
- Serve as desired.
Because they are basically being steamed, the potato skin won’t be crispy as it would if you baked or grilled the potatoes. However the texture and flavor is much better than boiled yet the skin is still soft for eating. The olive oil and sea salt add a nice flavor.
Here are several more ways to prepare potatoes that may interest you:
- Herb Roasted Potatoes (Clean Eating)
- Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- Romano Smashed Potatoes
- Hasselback Potatoes
- Ham and Potato Soup
Head over to our Crock Pot Cooking Pinterest page. You can also join our Mommysavers Deals Facebook page so you see out latest frugal tips and deals as well as share your own. Plus, over to the right of your screen you can subscribe to our Mommysavers newsletter and get the latest updates sent directly to your inbox ————————->